Friday, November 27, 2009

Hard Boiled movie review

I just finished watching the Honk Kong film Hard Boiled for the second time. As an action movie lover, I must admit that this film contains everything I adore about the genre and more.

It's a very westernized film, and essentially boils down into a 'loose-cannon cop' movie with a variety of cliches that make American action movies so damn fun.

One of the very first scenes contains one of my favorite cliches in which the chief chews out our hero for prematurely ending a case that the force has been working on for months. This cliche can also be found in the films 'Running Scared' and 'Point Break', among others.I find such cliches funny, so they don't bother me much.

The action in the film is superb. Explosions everywhere, blood flying all around, innumerable faceless bad guys to kill... what else could one want from an action movie? I tell ya, these guys from Hong Kong sure knew how to deliver the goods.

The plot is pretty interesting as well. I won't spoil it for anyone, but be sure to expect some
exciting twists and turns along the way.

Overall, this is a very enjoyable film.

No comments:

Post a Comment